Teenager punched and kicked in ‘vicious’ street robbery
- Credit: Archant
Essex Police are appealing for information after a teenager was punched and kicked during a robbery in Clacton.
The incident took place at around. 8pm on Friday, January 18.
The 18-year-old victim was walking along Herbert Road when he was attacked by three men on bikes.
The men punched and kicked him before striking him round the head with an object.
They then left with the carrier bag the victim had been holding.
You may also want to watch:
Two of the men are described as having worn dark clothing with either ski masks or balaclavas on, one of which had a skull design.
The other man is described as having worn a white hooded top. He had a scarf across his face.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 3 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 4 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 5 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 6 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 7 Suffolk braced for Indian summer before forecast showers next week
- 8 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 9 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- 10 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
All three men were said to have made off towards Watson road.
Investigating officer PC Darren Buckingham said: “This was a vicious, unprovoked attack on an innocent member of the public.
“We are keen for any information from anybody who may have seen these men cycling either before the incident or when they have cycled off.”
Those with any information, CCTV or dash cam footage are asked to call Essex Police on 101 quoting crime reference 42/9850/19.
Alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.