Woman airlifted to hospital in life-threatening condition after lorry crash
- Credit: Google
A pedestrian has been flown to hospital in a life-threatening condition after she was involved in a collision with a lorry today.
The crash happened at around 12.10pm in Parkway, Chelmsford, which has been closed while police inquiries take place.
The injured pedestrian, a woman aged in her 40s, was airlifted to hospital in a condition described by police as life-threatening.
An Essex Police spokesman said officers had closed the road to traffic between the High Chelmer multi-storey car park and the Odeon roundabout, towards the Army Navy flyover.
“We would advise people to avoid the area as our enquiries continue,” the spokesman added.
Anyone with information or dash cam footage is asked to call the Serious Collision Investigations Unit on 101 quoting incident 0455 of 30/07.
People can also contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 3 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 4 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 5 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 6 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 7 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 8 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 9 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 10 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo