Essex Police appeal for help to find owners of Clacton foreign coins
- Credit: Archant
Officers are looking to trace the owners of the coins which they found after arresting a man in Clacton.
A spokesperson for the force said: “We are currently in possession of currency from various countries including the USA, Hong Kong, Fiji, Zimbabwe, United Arab Emirates, India, the Czech Republic, Singapore and Cayman Islands.
“The collection also includes old French, Dutch and English coins.
“We are trying to establish where they were taken from and believe they belong to a coin collector.”
A 38-year-old man from Clacton was arrested by officers on April 30 and was charged with burglarly following a reported break-in at a house in St Osyth Road in Clacton which took place between 8.15am and 3.10pm that day.
You may also want to watch:
The man has been remanded to appear at Chelsmford Crown Court on May 29.
Anyone with information about the coins is asked to contact DC Hollie Hughes at Clacton CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 5 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 6 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 10 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered