Essex Police appeal for help to find owners of Clacton foreign coins
- Credit: Archant
Officers are looking to trace the owners of the coins which they found after arresting a man in Clacton.
A spokesperson for the force said: “We are currently in possession of currency from various countries including the USA, Hong Kong, Fiji, Zimbabwe, United Arab Emirates, India, the Czech Republic, Singapore and Cayman Islands.
“The collection also includes old French, Dutch and English coins.
“We are trying to establish where they were taken from and believe they belong to a coin collector.”
A 38-year-old man from Clacton was arrested by officers on April 30 and was charged with burglarly following a reported break-in at a house in St Osyth Road in Clacton which took place between 8.15am and 3.10pm that day.
The man has been remanded to appear at Chelsmford Crown Court on May 29.
Anyone with information about the coins is asked to contact DC Hollie Hughes at Clacton CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 5 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 7 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
- 9 Ex-Celtic boss Lennon linked with Town job
- 10 Charlton Athletic 2-0 Ipswich Town: Limp Blues soundly beaten