Police appeal for information after cyclist dies in hospital following collision
- Credit: Archant
Police in Essex are appealing for information after a cyclist died in hospital following a collision in Holland-on-Sea.
A cyclist and a silver Ford Focus Ghia collided in Kings Avenue, at the junction with Salisbury Road, at 2.50pm on Wednesday, May 13.
The cyclist, a 72-year-old man from Holland-on-Sea, was taken to hospital with injuries which were not believed to be life-threatening at the time.
He died in hospital ten days later.
The driver, a 21-year-old man from Frinton, continues to assist with our enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about this incident, or relevant dash cam or CCTV footage, is asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on CollisionAppeal@essex.pnn.police.uk or 01245 240 590, quoting incident number 641 of May 13.
Alternatively, contact the Crimestoppers charity 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111 or use the anonymous online form at Crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 10 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk