Man with knife flees after attempted break-in
Two men - one of whom had a knife - tried to break into a home in Colchester late at night.
Members of the public reported to Essex Police that the pair were trying to break into the property in Artillery Street, Colchester at around 11.40pm on Saturday, November 10.
However police officers said the two men made off before being able to get in.
Essex Police have now launched an appeal for information as part of their investigation into the attempted aggravated burglary.
Both men have been described by witnesses to the crime as black and around 6ft tall.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Essex Police said after the incident: “If you saw or heard anything, have any CCTV or were driving in the area and have dash cam footage please call us on 101 quoting the crime reference number 42/164622/18.”
Alternatively people can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 2 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 3 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 4 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 5 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 6 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 9 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 10 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising