‘These men were clearly prepared to use violence’ - Man attacked by two robbers in Essex
- Credit: Archant
A man was grabbed by the neck and had his face knifed after refusing a robber’s demands for his property.
The 25-year-old victim was walking along Colchester Road, Witham, near the roundabout at the junction with Freebournes Road between 1.45-2am this morning, when the attack happened.
Two men approached him, one of whom demanded his property. When the victim refused and tried to walk past, the second suspect grabbed him by the neck from behind. The first man then held a knife against the victim’s face, causing a minor cut.
Both suspects ran away empty handed down Freebournes Road after being disturbed by a passing car.
Det Con Dave Glasgow said: “These men were clearly prepared to use violence and it’s fortunate the victim was not seriously hurt.
You may also want to watch:
“I am keen to speak to the passing driver, who is thought to have shouted at the suspects.
“There are also a number of businesses in the area that would have been open at that time of the morning and it’s possible there may have been workers who saw the suspects.”
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 5 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 6 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 7 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 8 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 9 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 10 Incoming Town CEO Ashton 'set to poach Bristol City head of football operations' - report
The man with the knife was described as white, about 5ft 10ins tall, and of medium build. He wore a black Nike tracksuit.
The second man was described as white, about 6ft tall and of medium build. He had dark brown hair and wore a black Adidas tracksuit.
Anyone with information should call Braintree CID on 101 quoting reference 42/63785/18. Alternatively, contact the Crimestoppers charity 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111.