Essex Police appeal for information after attempted accosting in Harwich
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after an attempted accosting in Harwich.
A woman, aged in her 20s, was walking a dog along Holyrood Road when a car pulled up alongside her at around 5pm on Thursday, June 7.
A man inside the vehicle, described as being a small heavily scratched, blue car, asked the woman if she wanted a lift and she declined.
The woman walked away quickly and the man then approached her again, before laughing and driving off.
An Essex Police spokesman said the woman was unharmed, but was left shaken by the ordeal.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect has been described as white, of a big build, with dark hair and aged in his 20s.
Anyone with information or saw a vehicle acting suspiciously in the area can call Harwich police on 101 quoting crime reference 42/83927/18 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 4 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 7 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'