Ipswich teenager arrested after reported stabbing in Clacton
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old boy from Ipswich has been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm after reports that a teenager had been stabbed.
Police were called shortly before 11.25am on Monday, February 25 to a group of people fighting near Christmas Tree Island in West Avenue.
A teenage boy was reported to have been stabbed but left the scene before officers arrived.
Police enquiries are ongoing to find him.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: “A 17-year-old boy from Ipswich has been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm and is currently in custody for questioning.”
The incident is not believed to be linked to a separate incident where a man suffered stab wounds outside Clacton railway station.
Those with any information regarding the incident on West Avenue are asked to call Clacton CID on 101.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 5 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 6 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
- 7 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 8 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 9 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 10 A12 blocked following two vehicle crash
Alternatively, you can contact the Crimestoppers charity 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111 or use the anonymous online form at Crimestoppers-uk.org