Three men arrested on suspicion of murder after assault in Maldon
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A murder investigation has been launched in Maldon after a man died following an incident on Saturday night.
The man, a 27-year-old from Maldon, sadly died from his injuries in Addenbrooks Hospital on Sunday afternoon.
Essex Police have arrested three men on suspicion of murder and they remain in custody for questioning.
The arrests follow reports that two men were assaulted in front of Iceland, at the junction of Market Hill, at around 8.50pm.
The second victim, a 26-year-old man from Maldon, was taken to hospital by land ambulance with a suspected broken jaw.
You may also want to watch:
Senior Investigating Officer DCI Daniel Stoten said: "Sadly, one of the victims has died as a result of his injuries and we are treating this as a murder investigation.
"The victim's family have been with him at hospital and we are continuing to support them during this difficult time.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 4 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found
"Our investigation has been making progress and we have secured the arrest of three men.
"I continue to urge anyone who was in the vicinity of the High Street at around 8pm and 9pm - particularly close to the Iceland store - to get in contact us.
"If you drove along the High street, or up Market Hill between 8.30 and 9pm and have dash cam please make contact as soon as possible."
Anyone with information is asked to call our Essex Major Crime Team on 101 quoting crime references 42/102558/19 and 42/102562/19 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.