Pub row escalated and saw two men attacked on the street
- Credit: Google
A man suffered “serious injuries” after an Essex pub row is reported to have escalated into an attack in the street outside.
Police are appealing for information after an assault, which is alleged to have happened last night in Queen Street in Brightlingsea.
Two men, aged in their 50s, were reported to have been attacked by two younger men at around 8.25pm.
One of the victims suffered serious injuries and both were taken to hospital.
Officers attended two addresses in the town and arrested a 17-year-old boy and 22-year-old man on suspicion of assault. This morning, the suspects remained in custody.
You may also want to watch:
“It is believed that this incident began with a verbal altercation inside the Kings Head pub, before escalating in the street outside,” a police spokesman said. “Officers are particularly keen to speak to anyone who may have been inside, exiting or entering the pub at around this time.”
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 quoting incident number 1218 of 30/06 or the Crimestoppers charity anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 8 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 9 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 10 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing