Man slashed with blade after refusing demands for cash outside bookshop
- Credit: Google
A man was slashed with a blade after refusing a request for money outside an Essex bookshop.
The 22-year-old victim was approached by a man asking for cash near the Waterstones store in Colchester High Street at around 1.50am on Sunday.
He refused and walked off to Culver Street West, but was followed by the man who slashed with a knife.
“The victim was taken to hospital for treatment and his injury was not believed to be serious,” a spokesman for Essex Police said.
“Officers carried out a search for the suspect and enquiries are ongoing.”
The attacker is described as being white, aged in his 20s, 5ft 9ins tall, and with stubble.
He wore black trousers and a plain grey hoody.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 4 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 7 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 8 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 9 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 10 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town
Witnesses and anyone with information are asked to contact Pc Lucy Percival at Colchester CID on 101 quoting reference 42/116016/18.
Alternatively, people can contact the Crimestoppers charity anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via the anonymous online form.