Man slashed with blade after refusing demands for cash outside bookshop
- Credit: Google
A man was slashed with a blade after refusing a request for money outside an Essex bookshop.
The 22-year-old victim was approached by a man asking for cash near the Waterstones store in Colchester High Street at around 1.50am on Sunday.
He refused and walked off to Culver Street West, but was followed by the man who slashed with a knife.
“The victim was taken to hospital for treatment and his injury was not believed to be serious,” a spokesman for Essex Police said.
“Officers carried out a search for the suspect and enquiries are ongoing.”
You may also want to watch:
The attacker is described as being white, aged in his 20s, 5ft 9ins tall, and with stubble.
He wore black trousers and a plain grey hoody.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 3 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 4 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 5 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 6 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 7 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
- 8 Delays on A12 after crash near Saxmundham
- 9 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 10 190 homes plan in Bramford village will meet 'rising demand' for housing
Witnesses and anyone with information are asked to contact Pc Lucy Percival at Colchester CID on 101 quoting reference 42/116016/18.
Alternatively, people can contact the Crimestoppers charity anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via the anonymous online form.