A12 re-opens following lorry crash
- Credit: MATT BUTCHER
A northbound stretch of the A12 has re-opened after a lorry crash saw lanes closed.
The accident, involving a lorry, happened on the northbound carriageway near Kelvedon around 12.20pm on Monday, July 22.
The driver was not injured in the crash, although a large amount of fuel is said to have leaked onto one lane of the road.
As a precaution, police initially closed both lanes of the carriageway, although lane two was later the only closure with the assistance of Essex Highways and Highways England.
Police announced shortly after 3.15pm that the road would be re-opening.
You may also want to watch:
Essex Highways has warned that traffic remains slow moving as congestion takes time to ease.
This is the second collision on the road today, after one lane was shut when a Ford Zetec was involved in a single vehicle collision.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 4 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 5 Mike Bacon: 'Be careful what you wish for' - But we've been proved right, we saw this coming years ago
- 6 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 8 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 10 Witnesses sought after four-vehicle crash in east Suffolk