A12 stretch re-opened following serious crash
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A stretch of the A12 northbound at Witham has re-opened after Essex Police dealt with a ‘serious’ accident.
The major road was shut between junctions 21 and 22 while emergency services dealt with the accident.
Drivers had been urged to avoid the area and find alternative routes.
The AA reported the accident involved two lorries and a car.
The extent of any injuries are not currently known.
You may also want to watch:
AA traffic maps had shown traffic stretching eight-miles back to the junction with the A130 at Chelmsford.
- 1 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 2 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 7 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 8 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 9 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe