Boy admits breaking into woman’s home and attempting to rape her
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old boy has appeared in court to admit attempted rape and aggravated burglary after a break-in in Essex.
The teenager, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was charged following an incident in Witham in January.
During a pre-trial preparation hearing at Chelmsford Crown Court, the 17-year-old pleaded guilty to both charges.
MORE: Boy, 17, charged with attempted rape of woman in her 70sDetective Chief Inspector Julie Gowen said: "This was a horrific crime, where the victim's home was invaded and she was subjected to a violent attack.
"No-one should have to go through this in their own home, which is the one place where you should feel safe.
"I would like to praise the courage of the victim for her assistance she has provided to the police in this case.
You may also want to watch:
She added: "We will be continuing to provide her with support throughout the investigation."
The 17-year old is next due to appear for sentencing on Monday, March 30 at Chelmsford Crown Court.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 3 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 4 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 5 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 6 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 7 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 8 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 9 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 10 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash