Woman airlifted to hospital after serious bus and lorry crash
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 80s has been flown to hospital after a crash involving a double decker bus, lorry and a Hyundai in Mersea Road, Colchester.
Police were called to reports of a serious collision shortly after 2.15pm today.
The injured woman, who was in the Hyundai, has been seriously hurt and was airlifted to hospital in London.
Earlier, Essex Police tweeted to say the road was closed to all traffic, including pedestrians, between Queen Elizabeth Way and Berechurch Hall Road.
Police re-opened the road several hours later at around 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
The force's roads policing unit tweeted: "We are on scene at a serious collision on #MerseaRoad, Colchester.
"The road is currently closed to all traffic including foot traffic. Please avoid the area."
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 5 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 6 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 10 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
There were long delays in both directions and the road stayed closed during rush hour while crash investigators worked at the scene.
Witnesses to the collision and anyone with information should call 101 quoting incident 572 of Friday, January 31.