Thieves steal four tubs of Quality Street chocolates during Colchester burglary
- Credit: Archant
Police in Essex are appealing for information about two burglaries in Colchester - one of which saw four tubs of Quality Street chocolates stolen.
Both burglaries took place between 7.50pm and 10pm on Tuesday, October 30 in Mountbatten Drive and officers believe they may be linked.
During one of the incidents, an elderly resident was disturbed by two men entering her house.
There were two more men outside the address wearing black clothing over their faces and their hoods up.
The victim left the address after calling police and later found that a messy search of the house had been carried out. Cash, jewellery and four tubs of Quality Street chocolates had been stolen.
You may also want to watch:
Police say that the woman was left shaken but unharmed.
During another burglary, a messy search was carried out and jewellery and Nike trainers were stolen. This house was empty at the time and entry was forced to the rear.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 3 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 4 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 5 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 6 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 8 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 9 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 10 600 protesters form 'human wall' to oppose Sizewell C sea defences
Essex Police said they had not had any other incidents reported to them in the road.
Those with any information about the incident are asked to contact PC Lucy Percival on 101.
You can also contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.