Illegal immigrants believed to have been spotted fleeing from lorry on A120
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after illegal immigrants were believed to have been seen coming out of a lorry on the A120.
The incident happened on the road near Braintree this morning, Friday, September 18.
Essex Police were called at 7am after a member of public saw what he believed to be illegal immigrants coming out of a lorry and running off along the A120 near Galleys Corner, on the Colchester-bound carriageway.
The lorry was found on the M11 at junction 11.
The driver, a 47-year-old man from Colchester, was arrested on suspicion of arranging or facilitating the travel of another person with a view to exploitation.
You may also want to watch:
He remains in custody for questioning.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: “We’d like to speak to any other drivers who were in the Galleys Corner area at around 7am this morning and saw what happened or have any dash cam footage.”
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 7 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 8 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 9 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
Those with any information should contact Braintree CID on 101 quoting reference 42/149796/20 or report online.