Watch the aftermath of a 17-vehicle crash on the A120 between Colchester and Elmstead Market
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
Essex Police has reported a 17-vehicle crash on the A120 between Colchester and Elmstead Market this morning.
Officers were called shortly after 10am to the Clacton-bound carriageway, where at least 17 vehicles are confirmed to have been involved.
A force spokeswoman said that one person has sustained a minor injury, but several cars had damage.
Officers are urging motorists to avoid the area entirely while recovery is underway.
The spokeswoman added: “These conditions are challenging and drivers need to remember to take appropriate safety measures while driving at this time given the weather conditions.”
You may also want to watch:
The crash is the latest in a string of snow-related disruptions on the region’s roads this morning.
READ MORE: Latest live travel updates for Suffolk and north EssexSome areas have reported several centimetres of the white stuff today, with more expected later on tonight.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 4 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found