Drugs raid nets 1,000 cannabis plants with estimated street value of £1m
- Credit: Essex Police
As many as 1,000 cannabis plants have been discovered at an address in north Essex following a police raid.
Essex Police made the discovery during a search of a property in Davey Close, Colchester, yesterday, Wednesday, September 12.
“We executed a warrant at around 10.10pm in Davey Close and found the plants and equipment inside,” a police spokesman said.
“We remain at the scene and are seizing the planes. Enquiries are ongoing.”
Davey Close is in the Greenstead area of Colchester, near to the River Colne and Hythe Railway Station.
You may also want to watch:
Essex Police did not report the estimated street value of the drug haul. However, drug busts of similar size have been valued at around £1million.
Anyone with information about the drugs is asked to call Colchester police station on 101 quoting incident 1393 of 12/09.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 3 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 5 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 8 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 9 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 10 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
People can also contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.