One man arrested after large-scale Colchester cannabis farm raided
- Credit: ESSEX POLICE
A Colchester man has been arrested after Essex Police raided a large-scale cannabis farm in the town.
A warrant was executed at the property in Tollgate Drive, shortly after 8.30am Tuesday, April 21.
On arrival, police found more than 100 potted cannabis plants.
The street value of the drugs has not been confirmed by police.
A local 23-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of the cultivation of cannabis and remains in custody for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
In a social media post, an officer from Colchester police said the force will continue to crack down on drugs operations in the town.
They said: “Production and possession of cannabis is against the law and has a negative impact on the law abiding public who have to live in areas where people commit these offences.
- 1 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 3 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 6 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 7 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 8 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 9 How busy was Bury St Edmunds town centre as lockdown eased?
- 10 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house
“We will continue to tackle and disrupt those involved in this illegal trade in order to support our community.”