One man arrested after large-scale Colchester cannabis farm raided
- Credit: ESSEX POLICE
A Colchester man has been arrested after Essex Police raided a large-scale cannabis farm in the town.
A warrant was executed at the property in Tollgate Drive, shortly after 8.30am Tuesday, April 21.
On arrival, police found more than 100 potted cannabis plants.
The street value of the drugs has not been confirmed by police.
A local 23-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of the cultivation of cannabis and remains in custody for questioning.
In a social media post, an officer from Colchester police said the force will continue to crack down on drugs operations in the town.
They said: “Production and possession of cannabis is against the law and has a negative impact on the law abiding public who have to live in areas where people commit these offences.
- 1 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 2 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 3 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 4 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 5 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 6 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 7 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 8 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 9 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 10 Look inside: Stunning £3m home is most expensive on market in Suffolk
“We will continue to tackle and disrupt those involved in this illegal trade in order to support our community.”