Man threatened with machete in Colchester
- Credit: Archant
A police car was rammed after a man was chased into an alleyway by a trio of men - one of whom was carrying a machete, police have said.
The incidents took place in Avon Way on Monday, March 25 at around 9.45pm.
Three men – two described as being black and one described as having a machete – were seen chasing a man into an alleyway in Avon Way, Colchester.
Officers attended a short time later when a police car was rammed by another vehicle – a dark green Ford Focus - which was leaving Scarf Way.
The vehicle then headed off in the direction of Hawthorn Way and was later found abandoned in Mulberry Avenue.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Essex Police said: “At this time we are treating the incidents separately, however they could be linked.”
If you saw or heard anything, have any CCTV or dash cam footage or have any other information, call Essex Police on 101 quoting incident 1269 of March 25.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 5 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
Alternatively you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.