Man charged after stolen car crashed into Colchester home
- Credit: Su Anderson
A 25-year-old man has been charged with a series of driving offences after a stolen car crashed in a north Essex home, injuring two men.
Jason Patmore, 25, was due before Colchester Magistrates’ Court this morning, after an incident in the town on Monday.
Essex Police said a car had been stolen from Coronation Avenue and crashed into the front of a house in Barrack Street, causing minor injuries to two men.
The car continued towards Richmond road, where it is said to have crashed into fencing and a parked car.
Patmore, of Galey Green, South Okendon, was arrested on suspicion of theft of a motor vehicle, driving while unfit through drink or drugs and criminal damage.
You may also want to watch:
He has been charged with these offences, as well as dangerous driving, driving a motor vehicle without the correct licence and driving without insurance.
Since his arrest, he has also been charted with two counts of assault by beating and five counts of assaulting a police constable.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 5 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 6 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- 7 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 8 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 9 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 10 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident