Man detained following Colchester road closure
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Essex Police have detained a man in Colchester after concerns for his welfare sparked a road closure this afternoon.
Police were called to the scene near Colchester town centre at 11.45am this morning following concerns for a mans welfare.
The North Station Road section of the A134 connecting Colchester Station to the Essex Hall roundabout had been closed.
Police have since confirmed via Twitter that a man has been detained under the Mental Health Act.
The road’s closure had caused delays around the town centre, with local buses diverted and services for West Bergholt “severely delayed”.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this afternoon, a spokesman for Essex Police said: “We were called to concerns for the welfare of a man in North Station Road at around 11.45am today (Wednesday, March 13).
“We’ve closed the road while the incident is ongoing.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 2 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 3 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 4 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 5 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 6 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 9 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 10 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
“We’re advising motorists to avoid the area if they can.”