Major crossing re-opened as woman brought to safety
- Credit: Getty Images
The busy QE2 Bridge connecting Essex and Kent was briefly closed this afternoon due to a police incident.
Officers have since re-opened the Dartford Crossing, which connects Thurrock in Essex and Dartford in Kent, following concerns for the safety of a woman.
The bridge was completely closed for just over half an hour, with drivers diverted through the East Bore Tunnel.
The woman has now been brought to safety.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: "We have now brought the woman to safety and bridge is re-opening.
You may also want to watch:
"We appreciate your patience, understanding and compassion."
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 6 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 7 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 8 Military helicopter recovered after emergency landing in field
- 9 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again