Uprooted tree crashes into lamppost and causes traffic chaos
- Credit: Archant
A fallen tree is causing traffic chaos near Manningtree today.
The tree fell onto Clacton Road near Mistley Manor care home, on the outskirts of Manningtree, with the weight causing a lamppost to buckle and break.
The road is not blocked, but police have set up a cordon for motorists' safety.
SC Wayne David, of Essex Police, was at the scene and advised motorists to avoid the area, the crossroads of the B1035 and B1352, while the tree and broken lamppost are removed.
He said on Twitter: "A tree has fallen over, taking with it the lamppost outside Mistley Manor.
You may also want to watch:
"Please avoid the area and find another route until it has been cleared up."
Essex Highways added: "We have had a few reports of trees blown down into roads during the morning.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 6 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 7 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 8 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 9 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 10 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
"We have mobilised teams to remove them as we become aware."