Man charged and 15-year-old released under investigation after police uncover 50-plant cannabis factory in Maldon
A man has been charged after police found a 50-plant Essex cannabis factory.
Officers from Essex Police found the plants at a property in Fambridge Road, Maldon, on Saturday, after they were alerted to a man acting suspiciously in the early hours of the morning.
A 28-year-old man and a 15-year-old boy of no fixed address were arrested on suspicion of cultivating cannabis and taken to custody for questioning.
Tuy Van Tran, 28, of no fixed address, has been charged with being concerned in the production of cannabis. He is due to appear at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court tomorrow.
A 15-year-old boy of no fixed address arrested on suspicion of cultivating cannabis has been released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Inquiries are ongoing and anyone with information that could assist the investigation is asked to contact the Maldon policing team on 101.
Alternatively, contact the Crimestoppers charity 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111 or use the anonymous online form at Crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 9 Ipswich Town 6-0 Doncaster Rovers: Evans leads the way as ruthless Blues cut loose under the lights
- 10 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse