Helicopter rescues missing person from Essex marshland
- Credit: Coastguard
A missing person was rescued by helicopter from an area of inaccessible marshland on the north east Essex coast.
Emergency services carried out an early morning search of the coastline around Harwich and Dovercourt following reports of a missing person.
Officers from Holbrook and Walton Coastguard rescue teams helped Essex Police on the land while the Harwich RNLI conducted a water search.
The Coastguard Rescue Helicopter 163 was called in to search inaccessible areas of marshland by air.
“The missing person was located safe and well by Rescue 163 and airlifted to a safe area,” a Coastguard spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
The Coastguard teams said they used a range of techniques in search operations including, missing people profiling and historical data.
They also use the “bike wheel search model” – a method of segmenting search areas on a map involving a “hub”, “wheel” and “spokes”.
- 1 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 2 'I absolutely want to be part of it' - Skipper Chambers on Cook and his Town future
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Town linked with Feyenoord defender as Edwards 'attracts interest'
- 4 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 5 Paul Cook's takeover worry and why he cancelled today's pre-match press conference
- 6 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 7 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 8 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 9 Careless driver who caused fatal crash is jailed
- 10 Four miles of queues after A12 collision