Police hunt man wanted in connection to car robberies and burglaries in north Essex
- Credit: Archant
Police in Essex are appealing for information to help find 31-year-old Wally Smith who is wanted in connection to a number of car robberies and burglaries in the county.
Smith, who has links with Halstead, Braintree, Dunmow, Saffron Walden and Cambridgeshire, is wanted in connection with two car robberies in Station Road, Felstead on Thursday, March 15, and burglaries in Halstead, Saffron Walden and Dunmow between Wednesday, March 14 and Friday, March 16.
He is also wanted in connection to a criminal damage offence and the theft of a motor vehicle in White Roding, Dunmow.
Smith is described as being around 5ft 9ins tall, of a medium build with short dark blond hair.
Detective Inspector Rob Kirby said “We are keen to speak with Mr Smith and would urge anyone with information about his whereabouts to call us at Braintree CID on 101.”
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively contact the Crimestoppers charity completely anonymously on 0800 555 111.
A spokesman for Essex police added that the image released is the most recent they have and that he may look slightly different now.
- 1 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 4 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance
- 5 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 6 Revealed: The most popular names for babies born in Suffolk in 2020
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 9 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 10 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park