Teenagers mugged at knifepoint in wood
- Credit: Archant
Two boys have been left shaken after a group of teenagers mugged them at knifepoint.
It happened in a wooded area in Rowhedge, near Colchester, just before 10.30pm on Thursday, August 1.
The two boys are said to have been approached by a group of boys in their mid-teens, who were armed with a knife.
An iPhone 6 and an iPhone 8, as well as quantity of cash, were stolen.
The boys left the scene unharmed but were left shaken by the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Essex Police said: "Detectives are investigating following the knifepoint robbery of two teenage boys in Rowhedge.
"The victims were threatened with a knife, and cash and an iPhone 6 and an iPhone 8 were stolen. The pair were unharmed but, understandably, shaken by the incident.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 8 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
"Our enquiries are ongoing."