Woman racially abused and pelted with eggs in Colchester
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 40s was racially abused and pelted with eggs in a ‘cowardly attack’ in Colchester.
According to Essex Police, the woman was walking along Gavin Road in the Highwoods area of town when the attack took place.
She was approached by a white car, described as being a similar shape to a Suzuki Swift, at around 9.30pm on Sunday December 2.
It is believed two men were inside the vehicle, thought to be in their late teens or early 20s.
After the assault, the car fled in the direction of Titus Way.
Investigating officer PC Shaun Hammond, of the Colchester Community Policing Team, said: “This was a cowardly attack on a woman who was walking home alone.
“I want the people of Highwoods to come forward and give us as much information as possible about this incident.
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 3 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 4 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 5 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 7 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 8 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 9 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
- 10 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch
“We won’t tolerate hate crime in Colchester, and I want to find the people responsible for this heinous act.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Colchester police station on 101 quoting the crime reference number 42/176580/18.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.