Woman racially abused and pelted with eggs in Colchester
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 40s was racially abused and pelted with eggs in a ‘cowardly attack’ in Colchester.
According to Essex Police, the woman was walking along Gavin Road in the Highwoods area of town when the attack took place.
She was approached by a white car, described as being a similar shape to a Suzuki Swift, at around 9.30pm on Sunday December 2.
It is believed two men were inside the vehicle, thought to be in their late teens or early 20s.
After the assault, the car fled in the direction of Titus Way.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer PC Shaun Hammond, of the Colchester Community Policing Team, said: “This was a cowardly attack on a woman who was walking home alone.
“I want the people of Highwoods to come forward and give us as much information as possible about this incident.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 3 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 8 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 9 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
- 10 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
“We won’t tolerate hate crime in Colchester, and I want to find the people responsible for this heinous act.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Colchester police station on 101 quoting the crime reference number 42/176580/18.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.