Investigation launched after baby dies
- Credit: Archant
Police have confirmed an investigation is underway following the death of a baby boy.
Officers were called early this morning with reports that a baby had fallen ill at a property in Gerard Road, Clacton.
The boy had become unwell at the address and later died in hospital.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: "We were called at around 7.20am today, Thursday, July 18, with reports that a baby had become unwell at an address in Gerard Road, Clacton.
"The boy was taken to hospital but has since sadly died.
You may also want to watch:
"We remain at the scene and our enquiries are ongoing."
Gerard Road is a small residential street in Clacton-on-Sea.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 3 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 4 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 7 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 8 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 9 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 10 Officers making 'significant progress' in Victoria Hall murder case
The circumstances of the death are not yet known.