Man jailed for over two years for Colchester jewellery shop robbery
- Credit: Archant
A man who smashed a display unit with a hammer and stole jewellery worth a five-figure sum has been jailed.
Simon Jacobs, of no fixed address, was jailed for two years and eight months after pleading guilty to the robbery on July 28.
After leaving the store Jacobs was chased by an off-duty detective, assisted by members of the public, and arrested on suspicion of robbery.
No-one was hurt during the incident.
On August 31 Jacobs was sentenced to 32 months in prison at Chelmsford Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
Essex Police are still looking for a second man in connection with the robbery, who entered the store alongside Jacobs and threatened staff with a tyre wrench.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Colchester CID on 101, quoting reference 42/208194/18.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 3 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 4 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 5 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Missing person from Braintree has been found
- 9 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 10 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
You can also contact independent charity Crimestoppers, completely anonymously, on 0800 555 111 or online at Crimestoppers-uk.org