Man jailed for over two years for Colchester jewellery shop robbery
- Credit: Archant
A man who smashed a display unit with a hammer and stole jewellery worth a five-figure sum has been jailed.
Simon Jacobs, of no fixed address, was jailed for two years and eight months after pleading guilty to the robbery on July 28.
After leaving the store Jacobs was chased by an off-duty detective, assisted by members of the public, and arrested on suspicion of robbery.
No-one was hurt during the incident.
On August 31 Jacobs was sentenced to 32 months in prison at Chelmsford Crown Court.
Essex Police are still looking for a second man in connection with the robbery, who entered the store alongside Jacobs and threatened staff with a tyre wrench.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Colchester CID on 101, quoting reference 42/208194/18.
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 3 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 4 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 5 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 6 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 7 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 8 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 'If we're clever there's lots to learn' - McKenna on Town's Bolton lessons
- 10 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
You can also contact independent charity Crimestoppers, completely anonymously, on 0800 555 111 or online at Crimestoppers-uk.org