Man seen pacing around outside pub waving a knife is handed 12 month sentence
- Credit: Essex Police
A man who was seen “acting erratically and waving a knife” near a city centre pub has been jailed.
Jonathan Jedburgh, 22, was arrested after witnesses reported he had been “pacing around” with the bladed weapon near to the Golden Fleece in Duke Street, Chelmsford, at around 11.40pm on Friday, August 3.
Essex Police officer attended at which point Jedburgh dropped the knife and was arrested.
He was later charged and pleaded guilty to possession of an offensive weapon in a public place at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court on Monday, August 6.
At Chelmsford Crown Court on Friday, Jedburgh, of Marks Hall Lane, Margaret Roding, was jailed for 12 months.
You may also want to watch:
Investigating officer Pc Jordan Holden said: “Jonathan Jedburgh told officers he had no intention of hurting anyone but his actions caused concern and would have frightened members of the public.
“This is unacceptable and there is never any justification for carrying a weapon in public.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 3 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour
“I hope Jedburgh reflects on this during his time behind bars.”