Murder investigation after man found dead in Colchester home
- Credit: Archant
Essex Police are launching a murder investigation following the discovery of a dead man at a Colchester address.
Police were called at 2.45pm on August 22 regarding the welfare of a man in his 50s.
The man was found in a house in Forest Road, Colchester, on the Greenstead estate.
Ambulances were called to the address and paramedics pronounced him dead at the scene.
Police say enquiries are ongoing and detectives are appealing for any witnesses to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about this incident, or who may have access to nearby CCTV or dashcam footage, is asked to call 101 quoting the incident number 694 of 22/08.
Alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 5 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 6 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 7 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 8 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 9 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 10 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future