‘Please take care’ - Warning after lorry crashes into ditch amid wet conditions
- Credit: PC Matt Turner
Road policing teams have urged drivers to take care on wet surfaces after a lorry ended up in a ditch following an accident near to the Essex/Suffolk border.
Sgt Colin Shead of Essex Police issued the warning following a crash on the A1017 in Ridgewell, near Haverhill, this afternoon.
“Please take care on the roads following all this rain,” he said,
“The road surfaces have changed.”
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service sent crews from Clare and Haverhill to assist after receiving reports of a collision just before 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
No one is reported to have been injured in the crash.
Forecasters predict parts of Suffolk and Essex to see more rain tomorrow.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 5 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 8 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 9 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 10 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future