Driver in custody after crash near Stansted airport
- Credit: Su Anderson
A man is being questioned by detectives after being arrested on suspicion of possessing drugs, fraud and driving offences.
Police observed a Mercedes A150 allegedly driving dangerously in Thremnall Avenue, near Stansted Airport, shortly after 1pm on Saturday, April 20.
It was then in collision with a Citroen before stopping in the car park of McDonald’s near the airport, where the driver ran off.
He was arrested and a quantity of cash and suspected drugs were found in the Mercedes.
The 29-year-old man, of no fixed address, was arrested on suspicion of possession of drugs with intent to supply, failing to stop after an accident, failing to stop when directed, and possession of articles for use in fraud.
He is currently in custody for questioning.
Witnesses who saw a Mercedes A150 being driven in the area at the time and any drivers with dash cam footage are asked to call Braintree CID on 101.
- 1 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 4 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 5 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 6 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 7 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 8 From Celina to Mariner - the best goals ever scored at Portman Road
- 9 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 10 County lines drug dealer, 20, jailed for 30 months