Man found dead after being stabbed in the back
- Credit: Archant
A murder probe has been launched after a man was found dead having been stabbed in the back next to Colchester’s Castle Park.
Paramedics from the East of England Ambulance Service were first at the scene, with the ambulance crew reporting the incident to the police about 8.20am on Monday, February 11 in Ryegate Road.
Ryegate Road runs along the side of Castle Park, close to Colchester’s town centre, starting just meters from the town’s high street.
The paramedics reported that he was found dead with a stab wound in his back.
At this time there is no description of the victim or an attacker.
You may also want to watch:
Essex Police said thatinvestigations remain at an early stage.
Officers are appealing to anyone who was in the area this morning and saw what happened.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 5 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 6 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England
Anyone with further information should call the North Major Crime team on 101, quoting incident 208 of today’s date.
You can also contact police online.
Alternatively, contact the Crimestoppers charity anonymously on 0800 555 111 or use the anonymous online form at Crimestoppers-uk.org