Second teen accused of murdering man in Essex
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has been arrested on suspicion of murder following a stabbing in Essex last month.
The 15-year-old boy was arrested this morning in connection with the alleged murder of Lee Evans in Chelmsford.
Mr Evans, 47, was stabbed in Cromar Way just before 1am on Friday, June 22.
He died in hospital a short time later.
A 19-year-old man who was arrested on suspicion of murder on Friday was released on bail on Saturday. The man, who was also arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of controlled drugs and possession of cannabis is due to return before court on July 26.
You may also want to watch:
The 15-year-old suspect remains in custody.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 3 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 4 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 8 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight