Man allegedly murdered in house fire is named
- Credit: Archant
A man who died in a suspicious house fire on Boxing Day has been named.
54-year-old Paul Gillett, from Clacton, was found by emergency services at a flat in Station Road in the town shortly before 7am on Boxing Day.
Police say he was assaulted and died of his injuries at the scene.
A post mortem examination found that Mr Gillett had died as the result of a head injury but required that further investigation be made.
Seth Stollery, 47, and Freya Parker-Magowan, 43, both of no fixed address, appeared at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court on December 29 charged with murder and arson with intent.
You may also want to watch:
They were remanded to appear Chelmsford Crown Court today (Monday, December 31).
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 6 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 7 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 8 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 9 Military helicopter recovered after emergency landing in field