Essex Police name man who died on A12 near Dedham
- Credit: Archant
A man who died after a crash on the A12 near Colchester has been named as 55-year-old Darius Lapotka.
Essex Police officers were called to the northbound carriageway near Dedham at around 9.45pm on Tuesday, September 26.
A man had left his vehicle parked in a layby, and was involved in a collision with at least one other vehicle.
Police have now confirmed the man who died at the scene was Polish-national Darius Lapotka.
No-one was arrested and the road was closed until around 3am wile officers conducted an investigation at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are asking for anyone who witnessed what happened, or has any dash cam footage to contact them on 101.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 8 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 9 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies