Essex: Police nip rave in the bud
POLICE in Essex broke up an illegal Boxing Day rave before it had even started.
Officers turned up at a pre-arranged meeting point, just off the A13 in the London borders, to intercept people and tell them the event would not be taking place.
Police used intelligence and the internet to identify the meeting point, where revellers gather to be given the location, which police say was in the Chelmsford area.
Essex Police, working with colleagues from Kent and Norfolk, warned organisers that the event was illegal and would be prevented. Chief Superintendent Tim Stokes said: “These events are dangerous and disrupt communities so we will not tolerate them in Essex.
“The locations where people hold these illegal gathering are usually dangerous and put people’s lives at risk.
You may also want to watch:
“There will be no fire safety equipment, no checks that the place is safe and no licensing so we are determined to prevent them to protect the public.”
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 5 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 9 Comedian Jack Whitehall visits Suffolk's 'most incredible' Wilderness Reserve
- 10 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around