Knuckle duster seized after police tail car for 30 miles
- Credit: Archant
Police tracked a driver for more than 30 miles before stopping a car and seizing a knuckle duster from a vehicle.
The Essex Police Operation Support Group tweeted that the team arrested someone on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon and drug driving.
They had tailed a car from Brentwood to Colchester - a 36-mile journey - before asking the driver to stop.
They said the driver tested positive for cocaine at the roadside.
The EssexOSG Twitter account said: “In addition to the warrants we still managed proactive policing. Tracked and car form Brentwood to Colchester, then stopped.
You may also want to watch:
“Stop and search carried out, knuckle duster found, driver tested positive for cocaine, arrested for both.”
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 5 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 8 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 9 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 10 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions