‘There is always a way out’ - Officers seek to understand ‘intricacies’ of organised crime
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A crack down on organised crime will see increased patrols in Essex this week.
Essex Police’s week of action will focus on community issues around crime throughout the Chelmsford and Maldon districts.
Inspector Tom Stokes, of the Chelmsford and Maldon Local Policing Team, said: “Organised crime is one of our priorities across the force, and here in Chelmsford we continue to make real efforts to understand the intricacies of these operations.
“We are here to help highlight the damage this lifestyle can do and to encourage anyone who may be in this situation, or knows someone with similar circumstances, to talk to us. There is always a way out and we can offer the support that an individual, their family or loved ones, may need.
“Anyone with a query or concern can speak to one of our officers or visit our mobile police station, which will be deployed throughout the district over the course of the week.”
You may also want to watch:
This week will see an increase in patrols, including in Chelmsford town centre, and school engagement from officers and volunteers.
Additional support throughout the week will come from Special Constables, Active Citizens, Police Cadets, the force’s Licensing Team and the Roads Policing Unit.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
Locations for the mobile police station currently include the Melbourne, Springfield and High Street areas of Chelmsford.
It will also visit Maldon.
For the most up-to-date locations and timings of the mobile police station, visit the ‘Essex Police – Chelmsford and Maldon’ Facebook page.