Colchester property among five suspected brothels raided in Essex
- Credit: Archant
Essex Police has executed a warrant at an address in Colchester which they believe to have been a brothel.
The property is one of five across the county that was searched by police during the evening of Wednesday, October 2.
In total, five people were arrested at searches in Brentwood, Basildon, Colchester and London, with three people also being safeguarded by officers.
Essex Police said that it was unable to disclose where in Colchester the suspected brothel was at this time.
Those arrested were a 39-year-old woman from Southend, a 53-year-old woman from Basildon, a 30-year-old man and 34-year-old woman from Poplar and a 47-year-old man from Finsbury Park.
You may also want to watch:
All five remain in police custody for questioning.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 4 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 5 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 6 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 7 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 8 Family 'devastated' after thatched cottage badly damaged in fire
- 9 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 10 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab