Police release CCTV image of man in black following attempted robbery in Colchester
- Credit: Archant
Police have released a CCTV image of a man they wish to speak to in connection with the attempted robbery of two women in Colchester.
According to a spokesman for Essex police, the victims, aged 19 and 20, were walking across the bridge in Colne causeway at around 3.50am on Thursday, November 22, when they were approached by a man.
He demanded they hand over their phones and property but when they told him they did not have anything, he left the scene.
A police spokesman added: “We want to speak to the man pictured as part of our enquiries.
“We appreciate it is not the clearest image but hope someone might have seen him.”
If you have any information that could assist officers in their investigation contact Colchester CID on 101 quoting reference 42/170550/18.
Alternatively, contact the Crimestoppers charity 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111 or use the anonymous online form at Crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 4 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 5 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 6 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 7 From Celina to Mariner - the best goals ever scored at Portman Road
- 8 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 9 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 10 County lines drug dealer, 20, jailed for 30 months