Car crashes into building in Colchester
- Credit: PCSO Lee Compton
A driver has been taken to hospital after a crash in Colchester this morning.
PCSO Lee Compton tweeted a picture of a car, which had crashed into a building in East Hill, near the town centre.
“The driver is OK,” he said.
“They’re just going to Colchester Hospital to make sure.”
PSCO Compton was assisting officers from Essex Roads Policing Team.
You may also want to watch:
He tweeted the picture at around 10am.
Within an hour, PCSO Compton had confirmed the road was open.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 5 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 6 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 7 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 8 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 9 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 10 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
“The car has now been removed and waiting recovery,” he said,
“East Hill is now flowing normally with road and foot traffic.”
The crash happened near to the Thai Number One restaurant and the junction with Land Lane.
The building appeared to have escaped serious damage during the collision.
No one else is reported to have been involved in the crash.