Arrests after stolen car stopped in police sting
- Credit: Archant
A police pursuit involving a stolen car in Colchester ended in two people being arrested.
Essex Police’s Roads Policing Unit stopped the white Volkswagen Golf in a sting, which also reportedly involved the constabulary’s dog section.
Officers later Tweeted a photograph showing the VW Golf - which they said had been stolen from the Kent Police area - having apparently been involved in a collision with another vehicle, with the passenger front door wide open.
Tweeting about the incident on Friday, February 15, the Essex Roads Policing Unit team said: “Following a pursuit in Colchester involving RPU and @EPDogSection this vehicle was successfully stung by officers from @EP_GTRET and two suspects detained.
“The vehicle was stolen from @kentpoliceroads area and had been involved in other serious offences in Essex.”
You may also want to watch:
To report a crime in Essex, call police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
You can also visit www.crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 5 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 6 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England