Essex Police arrest more than 200 drivers in December so far
- Credit: Archant
Traffic police in Essex have arrested a large number of suspected drink and drug drivers in the county - an average close to one every two hours this month.
In the statistics revealed on December 20, the Essex Roads Policing unit revealed that 219 drivers have been arrested so far this month.
The number of arrests means there has been a driver arrested in Essex on average every 125 minutes.
The Essex Roads Policing Team tweeted to say: "So far in December we have arrested 83 drink drivers, 102 drug drivers and 34 [people who fail to provide samples].
"Total of 219 arrests, that's an average of 11.5 arrests per day or one every 125 minutes!"
You may also want to watch:
The tweet did not clarify the arrests were the result of failed roadside tests or failed tests at police stations.
- 1 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 2 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 3 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 4 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 5 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 6 Grieving Cook determined to fill Town fans with joy
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 9 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 10 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina