Police urgently searching for Colchester man
- Credit: Archant
Essex Police are searching for a man from Colchester in connection with breaching his bail conditions.
Halwest Muradi has been charged with rape, attempted rape and sexual assault and had been bailed until his next court date.
He had previously appeared at Colchester Magistrates' Court on Wednesday, July 31 and had been issued bail instructions by the CPS.
Essex Police has since received intelligence to suggest that one his of bail conditions, which requires him to remain at his home address between certain times, has been breached.
Muradi is described as 5ft 7ins tall and of medium build. He has short, dark straight hair and is of Iranian descent.
You may also want to watch:
Senior investigating officer, Detective Chief Inspector Stuart Truss, said: "It's of the utmost importance that we find Halwest Muradi and speak to him about this alleged breach. Anyone who has seen him is asked to call us immediately.
"We believe he may have links to Kent and Swansea, but he could still be in the county and we would urge anyone with information about his whereabouts to reach out to us.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Controversial plans that would double village in size set for approval
- 3 Timeline: When can you expect to receive the Covid vaccine?
- 4 Electricity restored to almost 500 homes following power cut
- 5 Infection rates drop in Suffolk as UK records deadliest day of pandemic
- 6 Hadleigh rated as one of the worst areas for coronavirus deaths in England
- 7 Two more League One clubs make approaches for Ipswich Town defender Donacien
- 8 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 9 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 10 Church saved from collapse 'tragedy' after major cracks in walls appear
"You can call the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate on 101 and quote Operation Oslo, email us on email@example.com, or speak to Crimestoppers 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their website."