Man shot in stomach in ‘targeted attack’
- Credit: Google
A man was found injured after reportedly being shot in the stomach through the glazed section of a door.
Essex Police has launched an investigation following reports of a shooting in Warley Street, Great Warley, near Brentwood, in the early hours of Monday.
Officers received reports at 1.05am that a man was found with a stomach injury that is said to be not life-changing or life-threatening.
It is thought the man was injured after being shot through a door.
Detective Chief Inspector Martin Pasmore, from the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate, said: “We are still in the process of establishing the circumstances and motives of this incident.
You may also want to watch:
“We understand there will be concerns in the community about this incident. At this stage, we are treating it as a targeted attack and do not believe there is any risk to the wider to public. We are continuing to make our enquiries at the scene.”
Anyon with information or CCTV or dashcam dashcam footage is asked to contact Harlow Major Investigation Team on 101 or via email.
People can also contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 4 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 5 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 6 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 7 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 10 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism